This years Degrowth Conference in Vienna will take place online because of the COVID-19 restrictions. From 29th of May to the 1st of June 2020 there will be workshops and lectures on current debates that relate to degrowth issues. The junior research group flumen will participate with five contributions to the conference:
- Matthias Schmelzer, together with Nina Treu, Tadzio Müller, Julianna Fehlinger and Brototi Roy, will present the newly published book “Degrowth in Movement(s)” on Friday, May 29th at 11:45 a.m. The book launch takes place in English with German translation.
- Dennis Eversberg and Melissa Büttner will also give the workshop “Sozial-ökologische Transformation: Mit wem – und gegen wen?” on Friday at 6 p.m. The workshop takes place in German.
- Dennis Eversberg will then take part in the panel discussion on “Understanding transformations and the role of strategy” at 6.45 p.m. The discussion will take place in English with German translation.
- On Saturday, May 30th, Matthias Schmelzer will take part in the panel discussion on “Advancing a Degrowth Agenda in the Corona Crisis” at 10 a.m. The discussion will take place in English with German translation.
- On Sunday, May 31st, at 5 p.m. Lilian Pungas together with Susan Andreatta, Christina Plank, Robert Hafner, Mladen Domazet and Branko Ancic will give the workshop: “Restructuring the Third / Corporate Food Regime: How Farmers and the Public are Transforming Food and Agriculture for the Future – Post-Covid-19 “. The workshop takes place in English.
Further information on the conference and a detailed program can be found here: https://www.degrowthvienna2020.org/en/program/.